Friday, December 24, 2010

A Very Shitty Christmas and a Crappy New Year

Wow. What a month it's been. Things have gone from bad to worse and are just starting to get back to normal, but not quite. One day I awoke to find a pipe, furance and electrical problem in my house so a few hours later I have a plumber, electrician and furnace dude in my house. The house is almost 100-years-old and I expected some problems but not this many. I ended up buying a  whole new furnace throwing my budget out the window. The electrical problem was about $1500. The only good thing was the plumber didn't charge me at all and showed me how to fix the issue myself (so far so good).

While this was all going on I was in a huge fight with my fiance. The following is the details of the fight. I've given her permission to block out any details she doesn't want publicly known.

So we woke up and ------------------------------- fuck you ------------------------------- I can't believe you did that ------------------------------- well you can just go to hell ------------------------------- okay sorry ------------------------------- and then you did this .... wait I thought you said ------------------------------- ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's about the gist of it. I don't know what it is but the holidays make people crazy. Everyone seems to be in one grumpy mood. I got all my shopping done in by December 21. Most of it was done way before via online shopping. The ironic thing is I don't even celebrate Christmas because I'm Jewish. But my fiance and the majority of my friends do celebrate it. One thing that has been really annoying me this holiday season is these people driving around with a red nose on their front grill and antlers sticking out of their windows. You're car does not look like Rudolph.

The other night I was watching the news and they did this 10 minute story on this guy whose million Christmas lights are being vandalized. In the end it turns out the guy is Jewish (so I don't know why he is putting up lights) and the vandals were rabbits. Talk about a slow news day. Isn't there violence going on somewhere in the Middle East or some starving kids somewhere.

Last night I watched my favourite holiday film The Hebrew Hammer. I got my fiance to watch it with me telling her how hilarious it is. I think she laughed once. Doh!!! I tell you there's nothing better than a Jewish super hero. His secret power is Jewish guilt. Jewish guilt!!!! How can you beat that?!!!!

Well this is going to be a short blog. Everyone have a safe holiday and happy New Year. Remember sleep late; have a Tims (but not after 3:00 PM today or at all tomorrow - what's up with them closing when I most need them?); take a bath; catch up on your favourite TV show; try not to stress; Live Long and Prosper.

Dave the Dude

No comments:

Post a Comment