Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gas prices, sex and grilled cheese and Happy Hanukkah

What a day it's been. Busy, busy busy. It's days like this when I wish I hadn't quit smoking. Remember the movie Airplane when the one guy starts smoking and his buddy says, "didn't you quit?", to which he replies, "I picked a bad day to quit smoking." The same joke keeps going, first he starts drinking then he ends up (I think) smoking crack. "I picked a bad day to stop smoking crack". That cracked me up (pun fully intended).

I finished work and began the trek home on Highway 401 from Toronto, Ontario to Oshawa. The buisest section of highway in the world. Heard on the news that gas prices are going up over four cents by midnight. Holy crap. What's the deal with gas prices? How come when something happens in the world gas prices go up right away but when we hear about something that will cause prices to lower they say it won't effect the prices for a long time? Never did get it. I still believe there are forces in collusion. I recently watched two documentaries, "Collapse" and "Who Killed the Electric Car". Both flicks clearly point out that our dependence on oil has gone crazy. Everything is made of oil - plastic; tires; and a whole bunch of other stuff that I'm too tired to remember right now.

Back in high school I made up this song called Blow Job Lips. I was in grade 10. All my buddies thought it was hilarious. Once I reached university I sang it to my fellow residentites and they liked it too. So I started performing at talent nights and made a new song up each time. One of the songs was entitled Sex and Grilled Cheese. It was pretty funny. I gave up my entertaining career shortly after graduation. It was fun while it lasted. I used to get wasted before I hit the stage and then extremely wasted after. Although if I got too wasted before then I couldn't play the guitar properly. Many years later I ended up selling my guitar, Fender Strat, for like $200 to get crack. Never played again.

Today is the first day of Hanukkah. My fiance and future step son came over and we lit the menorah and I said the traditional prayers. It was quite fun. I celebrate Hanukkah, Fetivus and Christmas this time of year. To all my Jewboy brethren a Happy Hanukkah.

Well got to go eat. Until we meet again.
Dave the Dude

1 comment: