Saturday, December 4, 2010

Movies

One of my favourite things is going to the movies. For some reason, life and all that jazz, I haven't gone in awhile. Tonight my finace and I went to see "Unstoppable". Chose this movie for three reasons: Denzel Washington was in it and I loves the Denzel (in a manly way). Chris Pine was in it and he is the new Captain James Tiberius Kirk so as a Trekker I must keep close watch on his career. The movie started within five minutes of another movie that my fiance's sister was taking the kids to. Unstoppable also has the babe Rosario Dawson (Eagle Eye; Seven Pounds) in it. The movie, inspired by a true story, starts off with these two train guys who accidentally let this huge train loose by itself. The train starts getting faster and faster and it seems like nothing can stop it. Enter train veteran Frank (Denzel) and rookie Will (Pine) who are off to save the day. I know - I know - the premise sounds boring but this is one great flick. It's an edge of the seat thriller with no breaks for breath. My hand still hurts from my fiance squeezing it during this thriller. I give this flick four coffees out of five. I'm now in the mood to see the 1985 classic Runnaway Train starring John Voight, Eric Roberts and Rebecca De Mornay.

One of the things that always happens to me when going to the movies is having to leave half way through to take a leak. This movie was no exception. I walked down the stairs then started moving across the front walkway when I tripped over this large object. The object turns out to be a dog this guy in a wheelchair has with him. Luckily (this is the first time I've said this) I have an anxiety disorder which has provided me with very quick reflexes. Instead of doing a huge face plant onto the floor I broke my fall with both hands and push upped my self into a standing position. It was quite comical. I felt bad for the dog and gave it a pet on the head.

Now what I don't get is why this guy had a dog in the theatre in the first place. I'm pretty sure he wasn't blind nor deaf. He was just a dude in a wheelchair. I think he took advantage of his handicapped position to get his dog into the movie theatre. I mean I'm vertically challenged but I don't take my cat to the theatre.

The other thing that irked me at this movie theatre (besides the food prices) was the fact that the previews sucked. That's usually my favourite part. Oh well. I'm still tryng to decide if I'm excited about Tron coming out or not.

That's it for now. Catch you on the flip side.
Dave the Dude

2 comments:

  1. loved both Unstoppable and Star Trek nice blog love the humour

    Mark R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to see this Hebrew Hammer. Totally up my alley!

    ReplyDelete