Monday, November 3, 2014

Can't think of anything inspiring to write about

I love writing and that's why I started this blog. But I have always been waiting for something to inspire me before I wrote anything. The last few months have been pretty non-inspiring. My life has not had any dramatic ups or downs and thus I have not had anything grab my goat to write about.

However, I've decided to write even if I don't have anything inspiring to write about. I'll just talk about how my week went if nothing else comes to mind.

This past week had no ups and downs. For me that is a good thing. Before I got into recvoery I was addicted to excitement. Might be the reason I was attracted to cocaine/crack. I was always trying to top my previous "adventure". When I got into recvoery I had to learn to enjoy a moderate life. Today I like my life nice and steady. A good weekend for me is an uneventful one. I'm content to have a coffee, hang out with friends and loved ones and watch a good flick or television show.

Speaking of television shows one of my favourite new ones for this season is Gotham. It's the story of Gotham before Bruce Wayne becomes Batman. The first episode opens with the murder of Wayne's family and the introduction of a young Detective Gordon (furture Commissioner Gordon). We also are introduced to young versions of The Penguin, Cat Woman and The Riddler. It's a very dark series and has lots of potential. Constantine is not bad either. I think it's the new Supernatural (for those of you who are into that show). Supernatural just started it's 10th season and seems like it might have "jumped the shark". Despite this I'll keep watching it for now. Another show I didn't like at the begining but have stuck around with faith that it will get better is Mulaney. The first few episodes were terrible but last night's was pretty good. I actually laughed out loud at several jokes. If you get a chance to watch Mulaney's standup speical check it out (you can see it on NetFlix).

That's it for now. So until next week...
Dave the Dude

No comments:

Post a Comment