Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Winning Essay

I recently helped my de facto niece, who lives in Florida, with an essay. It was for a contest to win dinner and a shopping spree with the Miami Dolphins. She won. (Above pic is Danielle on her way to meet the team) Here is that essay:



Why I Want to Meet the Miami Dolphins
During the fall if you were to walk into my home you might think it was Christmas. In fact it’s something better - it’s football season and everyone is cheering for the Miami Dolphins. The second best gift I can think of is sitting in front of the TV with my brothers and step-dad watching the Dolphins “…take the ball from goal to goal like know one’s ever seen”.  Even though we’re at home, I swear, our cheers can be heard in the Sun Life Stadium. The BEST gift I could ever receive would be getting to meet the dolphins in person. My brothers would be so jealous, especially since I’m the only girl (besides my Mom) in our home. It would be something I would remember for the rest of my life.
No football team has ever broken or even come close to my Dolphin’s 1972 season. I would be considered a superstar in my home if I were able to meet a team with such a legacy.
I would love the opportunity to go dinner and grocery shopping with the Miami Dolphins. It will be an honor to meet the QB Ryan Tannerhill. He has already won a few games and I know he can lead the way to Super Bowl Victory.
I can just envision myself many years from now watching the Dolphins with my own kids and telling them about the time I got to meet our favorite team in person. I have goose bumps just thinking about it.
The Miami Dolphins inspire thousands of kids each year. Having dinner with my favorite NFL team would be a boost to my self-confidence and an inspiration to be the best I can in all aspects of life. 
Even if I don’t win this contest I am grateful for the opportunity to enter. It is a dream of mine to meet the Miami Dolphins. The soundtrack of that dream is the team song.
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins Number One.
Yes we’re the
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins Number One




No comments:

Post a Comment