Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Is it the end of the Human Race?

I was on my daily commute to work today, Eastbound on Highway 401. As is common, especially during summer, there was construction going on. At one juncture the lanes were reduced to just one and the majority of drivers, myself included, got over to the open lane in an orderly fashion. However, there’s always the asshole, self-centred, motorists who think they are above everyone who rush to the very end of the closed lane and try to squeeze into the open lane at the last second. It’s these putzes who cause traffic jams galore. So as this was happening I began my usual diatribe (to myself and my Higher Power) about the end of human race when all of the sudden the transport truck in front of me began to weave in between the closing lane and the lane that was open. My diatribe stopped mid-sentence as I tried to figure out what the hell he was trying to do. I thought he’d gone insane. Suddenly, I realized he was blocking the ignorant drivers who were trying to rush to the end of the closed lane. Eventually he got his truck fully into the closing lane and I was able to move forward with a huge smile on my face. I guess there is hope for humanity yet.

Dave the Dude

No comments:

Post a Comment